There are some very good reasons for recruiting on-line:
* Exposure: Every quarter, the volume of Internet traffic doubles. There are currently 500 million users world-wide and that figure is growing every day.
45% of households in the UK now have Internet access, according to The Independent newspaper. New figures from Oftel indicate that 11 million homes are now on-line, a rise of 30% on last year.
* Growth Market: Worldwide business-to-business e-commerce will total $824.4 billion by the end of 2002, and the forecast is for strong growth through 2004. According to eMarketer's "E-Commerce Trade and B2B Exchanges" report, Internet based B2B trade will reach nearly $2.4 TRILLION by 2004.
* Proven Record: Over a QUARTER of the UK's recruitment advertising revenue is spent on the Web, and the Internet's market share is growing every year. Companies are using it because it is cost-effective and successful.
* Fast Turnaround: Internet recruitment is on average 33% FASTER than traditional methods when sourcing, selecting and interviewing candidates. This reduction in lead-time saves companies money across the board.
* Demographics: Around 80% of all graduates and college leavers currently use the Internet to find work, and this figure is set to rise as more student have access to careers sites whilst studying. And with more people have Internet access in their homes, the number of people using the web to find work is growing, especially in the 25-45 age group. It may surprise you to know that aside from the under 16's, the over 55's are using the Internet more than any other demographic group.